For over 60 years, American Choral Directors Association has been the preeminent association for choral conductors throughout the United States.
- State chapters offer a range of activities and communications throughout the year. Meet colleagues! (ACT, RET, STU)
- ACDA's online community, ChoralNet, is the professional networking site for the global online choral community. (ACT, RET, STU, ASSOC, INT)
- National and regional conferences provide a wonderful way to charge your batteries by being among people who care about the choral arts as much as you do. (ACT, RET, STU, INT)
- Access the International Federation for Choral Music's publications with news and events around the world. (ACT, RET, STU, ASSOC)
- Download the ACDA app from the App Store or Google Play and receive daily choral news, as well as the option to post your news and events and message other users.
- Keep abreast of the latest job openings on the ACDA Career Center .
- ACDA's flagship publication Choral Journal provides you with practical and scholarship information about choral music and its performance. (Print: ACT, RET. Online: ACT, RET, STU, ASSOC, INT)
- Online specialized journals include ChorTeach for choral educators and the International Journal of Research in Choral Singing, with scientific research in the field. (ACT, RET, STU, ASSOC, INT)
- National, regional, and state conferences offer interest and poster sessions on a wide range of choral topics. National and regional conferences offer the option of earning graduate credit and continuing education hours. (ACT, RET, STU, INT)
- Use ACDA's Mentoring Program to facilitate finding and working with a mentor on issues like skills development or support during career transitions (early career, graduate school, etc.) (ACT, RET, STU, INT)
- Access a variety of repertoire tools to help you in programming, including vetted reading sessions and lists, reviews in Choral Journal, and Musica International, an international virtual choral library. (ACT, RET, STU, ASSOC, INT)
- Join our thought leaders in keeping the association innovative and relevant. For example, a variety of standing committees grapple with increasing diversity in our ensembles and repertoire, encouraging composition, integrating advocacy efforts into our work, and more. Become involved in your state with this work! (ACT, RET, STU)
- There are many association leadership opportunities, beginning at the state level. Talk to your chapter president for details. (ACT, RET, STU)
- Sponsor an exceptional student to audition for an Honor Choir at a national or regional conference, as well as some state conferences. (ACT, RET)
- If you see leadership in your high school choir room, encourage a student to attend ACDA's NextDirection Choral Leadership Conference. for promising choral leaders. (ACT, STU)
Please choose your membership below.
Important: If you have previously been a member of ACDA please click here to renew your membership.